Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Audio Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

2 power sub-stations put into service in Kunduz

2 power sub-stations put into service in Kunduz

Jun 11, 2018 - 18:39

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Two electricity sub-stations have been put into service in northern Kunduz province at a cost of $ 32 million, the governor said on Monday.

Governor Abdul Jabar Naemi told in a gathering here that the first project worth $29 million would provide power to 13,500 families in 16 villages and the second project costing  $3.2 million would electrify thousands of households.

The governor urged people to pay their electricity bills on time and avoid misuse of the facility. He also urged the people to help security forces protect such projects and show their cooperation with security forces.

Addressing the gathering, Da Afghanistaninfo-icon Barishna Shirkat general director Amanullah Ghalib said 80 percent of electricity used in the country was imported and the remaining 20 percent created at home.

“The electricity imported from Tajikistan passes through Kunduz and similarly I am hopeful the CASA-1000 project would bring about revolution in the province.”


Related Article

Add new comment



Etisalat Get more data, Etisalat Afghanistan

Twitter Update