Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

‘Government has ignored Zambaq Square blast victims’

‘Government has ignored Zambaq Square blast victims’

By
On
Jun 14, 2018 - 17:07

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Hundreds of people, including lawmakers, on Thursday gathered in capital Kabul and accused the government of not honoring its commitments towards the victims of last year’s Zambaq Square blast which left 150 dead and 350 injured.

Mohammad Alam Ezidyar, first deputy chairman of the Senate, lambasted the government and said no action it took after the incident and one of the attackers had been detained and only sentenced to a jail term.

He did not explain the attacker’s imprisonment term and demanded it should be clarified how the attackers reached the site of the funeral prayer.

He warned those who lost their loved ones in the last year’s blast would not sit silent and if the Afghan government did not investigate the incident they would refer to the global judicial institutions.

Addressing the event, Mohammad Younus Qanoni, member of the Jamiat-i-Islamiinfo-icon party, said the last year’s incident was different from other violent incidents because some youth were killed in the firing of security personnel.

He said 95 percent political groups of the country were united in their stance that they would not keep mum over monitoring of the election process and rigging in the upcoming polls.

Senate Chairman Fazal HadiMuslimyar slammed Ahmad Zia Masoud for his anti-government comments and added Masoud should refrain from such statements because the country was passing through a sensitive phase and it could only benefit the enemy.

He said if President Ghani was involved in rigging, Masoud was equally responsible because he was part of his team.

Presidential Deputy Spokesman Shah Hussain Murtazvi rejected the allegations of some political leaders at today’s event and termed them untrue.

“We want the political elites of the country to move the judicial organs for their claims if they have documents to prove proved what they have been accusing the government of,” he said.

nh/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update