Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Sikh Community want Jalalabad bombing investigated

Sikh Community want Jalalabad bombing investigated

By
On
Jul 02, 2018 - 17:33

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Sikh minority members on Monday asked the government to investigate deadly attack that killed 19 people, including 17 Sikhs in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province.

On Sunday, the blast took place in Malang Jan square in the limits of the first municipality district at around 3:50pm targeting the vehicles that carried the Sikh minority community members.

The blast happened over a hundred of meters away from the Governor’s House where President Ashraf Ghani, was present.

Nangarhar-based Sikhs attended the funeral ceremony of their relatives killed in the bombing that claimed by Daesh or known as Islamic State rebels.

They urged the government to properly investigate the suicide attack and punished the security forces who committed negligence.

Nerinder Singh, son of Awthar Singh, who was killed in yesterday’s bombing, also urged probe into the barbaric act and blamed security forces over negligence. He grumbled how a bomber reached to the spot despite strict security measures.

He warned if their demands were not met they would stage widespread demonstrations.

Goreet Singh, who survived the attack, said: “We were about 25 people on the way to governor’s house in four vehicles when came under attack.”

Other members of the community held similar views.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, blamed security forces for committing negligence at the highly important event.

He said President Ghani and Governor Hayatullah Hayat strongly condemned the terrorist attack and ordered investigation into the bombing.

Police chief Ghulam Sanaei Stanikzai told Pajhwok investigation had been launched that how the bomber reached to his target and information would be shared with media in the earliest possible.

Sa/nh

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update