Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Delegation appointed to investigate Nangarhar bombing

Delegation appointed to investigate Nangarhar bombing

By
On
Jul 03, 2018 - 12:13

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): The Nangarhar governor says a delegation has been appointed to probe a recent suicide attack targeting Sikh minority members in Jalalabad.

Hayatullah Hayat shared his grief with the Sikh and Hindu community during a meeting with them in the provincial capital late on Monday.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News Hayat extended his deepest sympathies and condolences to the Sikh compatriots and assisted them with cash from President Ghani.

Hayat said: “The enemies (Daesh) of our country proved with the killing of Sikhs that they have no respect for any faith, culture or values.”

He added a delegation had been appointed to properly probe the barbaric attack and the security personnel, who committed negligence, would be punished.

The minority members thanked the governor and other provincial authorities for sharing their grief and condolences.

Two days ago, 19 people including 17 Sikh minority members were killed and another 21 injured in the suicide blast. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the assault.

sa/mud

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update