Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

30 ANA soldiers among 80 killed in Kunduz clash

30 ANA soldiers among 80 killed in Kunduz clash

By
On
Jul 12, 2018 - 13:25

KUNDUZ (Pajhwok): At least 30 Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers and 50 Talibaninfo-icon insurgents have been killed as a result of clash in Dasht-i-Archi district of northern Kunduz province, officials said on Thursday.

Provincial council chief, Mohammad Yousuf Ayubi told Pajhwok Afghan News the militants attacked security forces bases and check-posts in Momin area of the district late on Wednesday night.

He said 30 ANA personnel were killed and 10 others wounded and the clash was still underway and security personnel needed immediate assistance.

A tribal elder, Akhtar Mohammad said about 55 ANA soldiers suffered casualties so far. “The militants have captured an ANA’s base and seized several weapons and ammunition,” he said.

He stressed reinforcement should be dispatched in the earliest possible.

Mohammad Radmensh, spokesman for the Minister of Defence, said 15 ANA soldiers and 50 rebels had been killed so far during the firefight.

He added air-and-ground operations were launched for repulsing the militants’ attacks.

Taliban also confirmed the clash. Zabihullah Mujahid, the group’s spokesman, wrote on his twitter account the rebels attacked security check-posts in Pul-i-Yousefuddin, Balol, Kamal and Jamal areas.

He said 12 ANA soldiers had been killed and several others wounded. However, he did not comment about the Taliban casualties but said many weapons belonged to the Afghan forces also seized by the rebels.

Sa/mds

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update