Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

14 civilians killed in Kunduz airstrike, confirms MoD

14 civilians killed in Kunduz airstrike, confirms MoD

By
On
Jul 20, 2018 - 16:12

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed over 10 civilians have been killed in the airstrike in northern Kunduz province, according to a statement on Friday.

The airstrike was conducted by security forces in the Rabat locality of Chahardara district on Thursday.

“According to reports during operation in Charhardara district 14 civilians have been killed,” MoD statement said.

The yesterday incident happened as a result of ongoing war against terrorism which had been imposed on security and defence forces of the country.

 A high-level delegation had been dispatched to the area to professionally investigate the incident and report to the high ranking officials.

Earlier, District Chief Zalmai Farooqi civilians and the Taliban had been killed in the foreign forces airstrike.

Attaurrahman, a resident of locality, said foreign forces targeted their village near the district bazaar.

He said 13 people of a family, including women and children, had been killed in the airstrike.

Talibaninfo-icon Spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said foreign forces bombarded three homes in Chahardara district and killed 28 people.

nh

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update