Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

14 killed, 60 wounded as blast hits Dostum’s convoy

14 killed, 60 wounded as blast hits Dostum’s convoy

By
On
Jul 22, 2018 - 17:20

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): At least 14 people including security personnel were killed and another 60 wounded in a suicide attack trying to target the convoy of Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum on his return from Turkey in capital Kabul on Sunday.

Hashmatullah Stanikzai, 101 Asmayee Zone police spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the Kabul Airport when the convoy of Dostum was passing the area around 5pm.

The attacker was unable to reach his target and detonated his explosives after Afghan security forces identified him and ordered him to stop, he said.

Stanikzai said 25 people who were accompanying Dostum from the airport were killed or wounded in the attack. The figures of casualties may rise, he added.

He said 11 people including security personnel were killed and 14 others wounded. He did not specify the number of civilians and military men killed in the incident.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack

First Vice-President Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum on Sunday returned to the country and was welcomed at a special ceremony at the Kabul Airport after spending 14 months in Turkey.

He was welcomed by second vice-president, Mohammad Sarwar Danish, second Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mohammad Muhaqiq and Atta Mohammad Noor in the airport.

mds/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update