Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

90pc defaulters agree to pay arrears in installments: DABS

90pc defaulters agree to pay arrears in installments: DABS

By
On
Sep 25, 2018 - 20:00

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Da Afghanistaninfo-icon Bresha Shirkat (DABS) on Tuesday inked a contract with Azizi Bank for online payment of electricity bills and started distributing solar heaters.

Addressing reporters here, DABS head Amanullah Ghaleb said industries and individuals who consumed more than one megawatt of electricity per second had to obtain a separate line.

He said 90 percent individuals and groups defaulting on power bills had agreed to pay the arrears in installments.

He said in line with the decision of the High Economic Council if factory owners built own power junction, DABS would provide 50 percent of the cost.

He said two new contracts had been inked with Mohib Towers and the Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) on implementation of new policies.

Ghaleb said the AIB and Mohib Towers would build power junctions and DABS would provide necessary equipment.

Payment of electricity dues:

Ghalib said the contract for online electricity dues payment was inked with Mirwais Azizi, head of the Azizi Bank.

He said under the contract, the bank has developed an application thought which individuals would be able to pay electricity bills through their accounts.

The DABS inked the contract at a time when people have been complaining against long queues to pay their bills.

Distribution of solar heaters:

Ghaleb said in the coming one and a half month, the distribution of solar electricity heaters to Kabul residents would be started. He said the price of a solar heater was shared between consumer and DABS.

Defaulters

Ghaleb said around 90 percent individuals who owed money to the power utility had agreed to pay their dues in installments.  He said the remaining 10 percent had not yet agreed to the offer.

Earlier, DABS spokesman Wahidullah Tawhidi said that in Kabul alone government offices, NGOs and powerful individuals owed nine million afghanis in unpaid electricity bills.

nh/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update