Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Death toll in Takhar rally bombing rises to 22

Death toll in Takhar rally bombing rises to 22

By
On
Oct 14, 2018 - 21:35

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): The death toll in Saturday’s bomb attack on an election rally has climbed to at least 22 people in northeastern Takhar province, an official said on Sunday.

Another 36 people were injured when the motorcycle bomb went off near the campaign gathering of a female Wolesi Jirgainfo-icon candidate Nazifa Bek in Rustaq district on Saturday afternoon.

The spokesman for Takhar governor, Sunnatullah Taimur, told Pajhwok Afghan News that 22 people had died and 36 others been wounded in the blast.

He said the dead included one security personnel and the injured included four policemen while the rest of the victims were civilians.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack, the latest in a series of such attacks on election targets.

Last week, the campaign gathering of an election candidate was attacked in southern Helmand province, in which the candidate, Saleh Mohammad Achakzai, and seven others were killed and several others wounded.

ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update