Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

5 civilians claimed killed in Nangarhar operation

5 civilians claimed killed in Nangarhar operation

By
On
Oct 22, 2018 - 21:09

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Local residents on Monday claimed security forces killed five civilians and wounded two children during a clering operation in Surkhrod district of eastern Nangarhar province.

However, government officials said the operation was launched in pursuit of Talibaninfo-icon’s key intelligence members.

However, bodies of some civilians were brought to the district center by local residents who claimed they were killed by security forces.

The residents wanted to take the bodies to Jalalabad, the provincial capital, and place them in front of the governor’s house, but security forces did not allow them to do so.

Mohammad Nazir Nasari, a protestor, told Pajhwok Afghan News that security forces went to Balabagh locality of the Surkhrod district late Sunday evening and and targeted civilians. He said five civilians had been killed and two children wounded in the operation.

A number of other protestors expressed similier views about the incident and urged the government to launch investigation into the incident and arrest the perpatrators.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok that the operation had been conducted by National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon) personnel and they had targeted key Taliban intelligence members.

pk/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update