Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Malistan district remains in security forces’ control

Malistan district remains in security forces’ control

By
On
Nov 12, 2018 - 15:32

GHAZNI CITY (Pajhwok): Local officials in southern Ghazni province on Monday rejected the Malistan district had fallen to the Talibaninfo-icon, claiming enough forces were available in the district.

Meanwhile, the Taliban claimed they captured Malistan district and inflicted casualties on dozens of security forces.

The Ghazni governor’s spokesman, Mohammad Arif, told Pajhwok Afghan News there had been fighting between Taliban gunmen and security forces in Malistan but the district did not fall.

He said the Taliban suffered heavy casualties in the firefight, but exact numbers were not available.

Addressing reporters in Kabulinfo-icon, Army Chief Mohammad Sharif Yaftali acknowledged the commando forces suffered casualties during clashes in Malistan.

He said a large number of the Taliban were also killed during last night airstrike in the district.

He said reinforcements had been dispatched to ensure security of Malistan and Jaghori districts of Ghazni province.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed the fighters killed 24 commandos and other security personnel during clashes in Malistan district.

He claimed the rebels seized the district centre, the police headquarters and six defense posts.

He added two Taliban fighters were killed and three others injured during the attacks but they seized a large number of weapons and ammunitions.

nh/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update