Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Kabul rally attack victims buried amid moving scenes

Kabul rally attack victims buried amid moving scenes

By
On
Nov 13, 2018 - 18:01

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Hundreds people, including relatives and friends, carried the coffins of those killed in Monday’s suicide attack in capital Kabul to their graves and demanded durable peace and stability in the country.

According to eyewitnesses, eight people were killed and tens injured in the attack that targeted protest rally near the Kabul Municipality when the protesters were leaving the area.

Hundreds rallied on Monday morning in Pashtunistan Square, asking the government to prevent attacking militants in Ghazni’s Malistan and Jaghori districts.

Daesh also known as Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the bombing.

The corpses of a man and two girls were laid to rest in Omaid Township cemetery in Kabul as hundreds of people attended the burial ceremony.

Ali Hassan Akbari, father of Mohammad Ismael Bashardost who was killed in yesterday bombing, said: “My son always stood against injustices and tyranny until he lost his life in this way.”

He said his son was graduated from Kabul University’s Science Faculty and was working with a foreign NGO. He said Ismael left behind his one year old son and two daughters aged seven and two years.

Akbari said the establishment of peace was his dire demand and asked the conflicting parties to reconcile and end the ongoing bloodshed.

The 22-year old Fereshta Akbari and 23-year-old Fatema Sultani were another two individuals killed in yesterday bombing.

Monasa Akbari, the deceased aunt while crying loudly, said: “Fereshata you have gone forever, you have gone… which memory of you I would forget.”

Monasa told Pajhwok Afghan News she wanted security and stability not only in Malistan district but nation-wide.

Abdul Qayyuom Sajadi, a Wolesi Jirgainfo-icon member from Ghazni province, also took part in the burial of Kabul bombing victims.

He condemned the attack and said: “We don’t know why we are killed when demand justice. The more we are killed the stronger we will emerge,” he vowed.

He said heavy fighting was underway in Malistan and Jaghori districts and thousands of families had been displaced.

nh/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update