Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Several Nangarhar’s villages cleared of insurgents

Several Nangarhar’s villages cleared of insurgents

By
On
Dec 16, 2018 - 19:51

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least 13 Talibaninfo-icon militants have been killed and a number of villages cleared of their presence as a result of ongoing operations in Khogyani and Surkhrod districts of eastern Nangarhar province, officials said on Sunday.

The operations codenamed “Qahr-i-Selab” (wrath of flood” was launched two weeks ago under leadership of the Afghan National Army and supported by border, pubic order police and intelligence personnel.

Officials say the operations are aimed at suppressing Daesh and Taliban activities and paving the ground for establishing government’s writ and ensuring security for the next year’s presidential election.

Maj. Haroon Yousafzai, spokesman for the ANA 201 Selab Military Corps in the east, said the operations were launched from Dwa Sarki area of Surkhrod district and were now underway in remote parts of the Khogyani district.

He said several villages in the two districts had so far been cleared of the presence of Daesh and Taliban militants.

ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update