Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

34 powerful land-grabbers arrested in Nangarhar: Governor

34 powerful land-grabbers arrested in Nangarhar: Governor

By
On
Dec 31, 2018 - 18:30

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Thirty-four powerful individuals have been detained over allegedly encroaching on government’s land in eastern Nangarhar province, the governor said on Monday.

Governor Hayatullah Hayat, who met with members of the People’s Movement civil societyinfo-icon group at his office,  said the anti-land grabbing campaign had recently been geared up in Jalalabad, the provincial capital, and districts.

Provincial government’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani quoted the governor as saying that 34 land-grabbers had been arrested by police and other security forces and introduced to the attorney’s office for investigation.

Khogyani named the detained land-grabbers as Haji Farooq, commander Karim, Lais, Eng. Obaidullah, Wali Mohammad Sadat, Haji Dad Gul, Khaista Khan, Samiullah, Muzzamil, Hekmatullah, Abaseen, Dr. Abdul Munir, Ilhammuddin, Sarwar, Miran Shah, Ziraki, Aimal, Malak Mohammad Wali, Sayed Rohullah, Shah Agha, Yar Mal, Mohammad Arif, Mohammad Asif, ShirAbaz, Khial Mohammad Wasih, Ali Mohammad Baryal, Khalil, Naqibullah, Miro Khan, Sarwar and a number of others.

The detainees have been introduced to the attorney’s office and dozens of others have been in jail and at the police headquarters for being involved in usurping land belonging to the Canal Department in Behsud, Sara Rod, Rodat and Kama districts.

Hayat assured the people that a strong plan had been made to arrest those involved in land-grabbing across the province and to introduce them to attorneys as soon as possible.

He urged the judicial organs to be careful while releasing the alleged grabbers against guarantees.

But Burhan Seerat, a civil society activist, said he was skeptical about the campaign because the governor’s office did not share exact information about the detainees and progress in their cases.

pk/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update