Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

NATO slams Kabul attack, renews support to Afghan forces

NATO slams Kabul attack, renews support to Afghan forces

By
On
Jan 15, 2019 - 15:27

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATOinfo-icon) has strongly condemned the car-bombing in Kabul, reiterating its support to the people and security forces of Afghanistaninfo-icon.

NATO’s Deputy Senior Civilian Representative Patrick Andrews extended his sympathies to the families of those killed and wished swift recovery to the many injured in Monday’s attack.

He asked the Talibaninfo-icon to stop violent acts against their own people and come to the negotiating table for ending the ongoing conflict.

“I condemn the despicable attack on innocent people near the Green village. My sympathies go to the families of those killed and I wish the many injured a swift recovery,” he said in a tweet.

“The Taliban must stop continuing to use violence against their own people and come to the negotiating table. NATO allies and partners continue to support the Afghan security forces as they fight terrorism and create the conditions for peace,” said Andrews.

Four people were killed and 113 others injured in the car-bomb attack on the Green Village Camp in capital on Monday evening.

Wahidullah Mayar, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), said four dead bodies and 113 injured people had been evacuated to hospitals from the site of the blast.

nz/mud

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update