Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Nangarhar attack ends, 16 workers, 5 assailants killed

Nangarhar attack ends, 16 workers, 5 assailants killed

By
On
Mar 06, 2019 - 17:04

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): A brazen Talibaninfo-icon attack on a construction company’s office came to an end in eastern Nangarhar province on Wednesday, leaving 16 workers and five attackers dead, an official said.

Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News a group of gunmen attacked MQ Company’s office close to the airport at around 9:30am.

He confirmed 16 employees of the construction company had been killed. He said two of the attackers blew up explosives attached to their bodies and three others were shot dead by security forces.

Two suicide vests, an explosives-packed vehicle and several hand-grenades were seized by security forces during a search operation.

Inamullah Miakhel, the provincial public healthinfo-icon director, told Pajhwok that nine injured people were evacuated to hospital and one of them was in critical condition.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the assault

sa/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update