Language

Don't you have an account with Pajhwok Afghan News?

Click here to subscribe.

11 people killed, scores injured in attack on remembrance event in Kabul: MoI

KABUL, were killed and 95 others injured in mortar shells attack on Abdul Ali Mazari’s remembrance gathering in capital Kabul on Thursday, an official said on Friday.

Nasrat Rahimi, spokesman for the Ministry of Interior (MoI), said initial investigation showed the attack was carried out by the Taliban, while the Taliban have not yet commented about the incident.

He said one person had been arrested who was being investigated while two more attackers were killed by security forces.

Some media outlets said that Daesh claimed responsibility for the attack.

The gathering marking the 24th death anniversary of Abdul Ali Mazari was disrupted after several mortar shells fell close to the venue.

Several politicians, including ex-President Hamid Karzai, Chief Executive Officer Dr. Abdullah and former NSA Hanif Atmar were also present at the meeting.

nh

Related Topics

GET IN TOUCH

SUGGEST A STORY

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

PAJHWOK MOBILE APP

Download our mobile application to get the latest updates on your mobile phone. Read more