Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Hundreds of Logar students miss entry test exam

Hundreds of Logar students miss entry test exam

By
On
Mar 30, 2019 - 14:56

PUL-I-ALAM (Pajhwok): Hundreds of students could not sit the university entrance test from Charkh district of central Logar province due to an ongoing operation against the Talibaninfo-icon in the district, residents and local officials claim.

The entry test in Logar was taken on Friday and Thursday from more than 4,000 students including 400 girls.

Jamshid, a resident of Pangram area of Charkh district, told Pajhwok Afghan News that hundreds of students including him were deprived of participation in the entry test.

“Security forces on Wednesday night announced through loudspeakers that they are launching the operation on Thursday morning and no one should come out of their homes,” he said.

He said the test was held on Thursday and Friday but security forces did not allow them to go out of their homes.

Noorullah, another resident of the district, said, “We do not want to wait for an entire year (until next test), the government should resolve this problem, the entry test is very important for students.”

A number of other residents of the district held similar views.

Khalilullah Kamal, Charkh district chief, told Pajhwok that Afghan forces did not coordinate with him while launching the operation.

“I was not contacted when the operation launched, they did not let people go out of their homes and as a result hundreds of students were deprived of attending the entry test,” he said.

He said the operation was not on a high scale to stop students from attending their entry test.

Abdul Wali Wakil, the Logar provincial council’s deputy head, said, “I, the governor and some other officials visited the entry test process but we did not see students from Charkh district, the governor then contacted security officials to let the Charkh students take part in the test but they did not do so.”

He said they were trying to resolve the problem in cooperation with relevant officials.

Shapor Arab, the provincial educationinfo-icon department spokesman, said that 600 students in Charkh failed to partake in the entry test due to the operation in their area.

He said the issue had been shared with the governor’s house and other relevant organs for finding a solution to it.

However, Shahpor Ahmadzai, provincial police spokesman, said that security forces did not stop anyone from going out of their homes.

“We are conducting the operation but we have asked no one to stay indoors, maybe these students did not take part in the exam because they feared clashes,” he said.

Charkh is one of unstable districts of Logar located 30 kilometers south of Pul-i-Alam, the provincial capital.

mds/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update