Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Attack on MCIT continues, 2 assailants shot dead: MoI

Attack on MCIT continues, 2 assailants shot dead: MoI

By
On
Apr 20, 2019 - 13:19

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Interior (MoI) on Saturday said two assailants engaged in coordinated attack on the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) were killed and the battle for gunning down the remaining fighters was ongoing.

MCIT compound came under a bomb attack in capital Kabul before noon on Saturday followed by gun fires which still ongoing.

Nasrat Rahimi, spokesman of the ministry of interior affair, confirmed a blast near to the ministry and said several assailants after the explosion attempted to target the Afghan Post Office at around 11:30am.

Rahimi said so far two attackers were killed and a clash was still ongoing between the Afghan forces and assaulters.

He did not provide information about causalities caused in the incident.

There has been no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast.

More details to follow.

pk/mds

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update