Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Administrative negligence scuttled Qatar talks: CEO

Administrative negligence scuttled Qatar talks: CEO

By
On
Apr 22, 2019 - 15:41

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Abdullah Abdullah on Monday said the Qatar meeting could have been a good opportunity for face-to-face talks with the Talibaninfo-icon.

Addressing the Council of Ministers, the CEO alleged administrative negligence led to the derailing of the intra-Afghan meeting in Doha.

The government had announced a list of 250 people taking part in the intra-Afghan meeting in Doha, which was scheduled to take place on April 19-21.

Abdullah said an opportunity for direct talks with the Taliban had been arranged in Doha, the capital of Qatar. But that chance was lost due to administrative negligence, the CEO alleged.

He termed peace vital for the people of Afghanistaninfo-icon and added opportunity for the arrangement of such meeting was still available and there was need to availing such chances.

“The people of Afghanistan have proved their commitment, intentions and willingness for peace. I hope we will realise our desire -- an end to war and establishment of peace,” he remarked.

He termed the role of the Reconciliation Council vital in achieving the goal of peace and stability. The individuals desiring peace and those fuelling the conflict would be exposed, he said.

Two days back, Abdullah had strongly condemned a terrorist attack on the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology as an assault on state infrastructure.

Referring to insecurity, the CEO resented Taliban’s announcement of the Al-Fatha operation, despite the spring offensive, the people insisted on peace and stability in the country.

“Unfortunately, civilians were killed in an operation ny the security personnel and NATOinfo-icon Commander Gen. Miller acknowledged the deaths. Miller also assured prevention of civilian casualties in future,” he said.

A number of civilians were killed and wounded during a night raid in the Nirkh district of MaidanWardak province three days back.

nh

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update