Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

6 policemen killed, 7 injured in Kunduz suicide blast

6 policemen killed, 7 injured in Kunduz suicide blast

By
On
Sep 02, 2019 - 16:48

KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Six policemen were killed and 17 others, including civilians, injured in a suicide blast on police convoy in northern Kunuz province on Monday, a well-placed source said on Monday.

The blast happened on the highway protection force convoy in the Kabulinfo-icon Bandar area at around 3:00 pm, the source said.

Mir Mohammad, an eyewitness, said police were busy eating lunch when a boy came and detonated himself.

Civil Hospital Director Marzia Yaftali said four bodies and 17 injured had been shifted to the hospital from the site of the blast.

She said the bodies were of policemen and among injured seven were police personnel and 10 were civilians.

The Talibaninfo-icon took responsibility for the blast. Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban’s spokesman, claimed a suicide blast on commando forces in the Sai Darak locality.

Mujahid claimed 21 commando forces were killed and 30 others injured in the bombing.

The Taliban during recent attack on Kunduz City set on fire the highway protection force facility on fire and they currently carried out their administrative activities under open sky.

nh

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update