Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Audio Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Govt’s inattention to Nangarhar historic sites deplored

Govt’s inattention to Nangarhar historic sites deplored

By
On
Feb 01, 2020 - 20:28

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Information and Culture Department officials in eastern Nangarhar province on Sunday accused the central government of paying no attention to historical sites in the province.

According to their information, around 100 historic places exist in Nangarhar, but all of them have been destroyed due to the four-decades-old conflict in the country.

Information and Culture Department director Rahimullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News that there were a total of 100 historic sites in the province, but they had officially registered 22 sites.

He said efforts were underway to reconstruct and register all the historical places across the province in near future.

He added majority of the historical places had been destroyed in the conflict and the relevant ministry was also not paying attention in this regard.

He said, “Unfortunately Nangarhar historical sites are the victim of inattention both in the current and former governments.”

Khogyani said only Shah Ghazi Amanullah Khan Tomb had been reconstructed and reconstructioninfo-icon works on Siraj Alemarat and Shahi Palace were underway and would be completed next year.

He said they had prepared a report about destructed historic sites in the province and would share it with the Ministry of Information and Culture soon.

pk/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Etisalat Get more data, Etisalat Afghanistan
Maiwand Bank - Just Banking

Twitter Update