Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Audio Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

3 killed in Khost blast as Taliban end truce

Security & Crime

ارشيف

3 killed in Khost blast as Taliban end truce

By
On
Mar 02, 2020 - 21:23

KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): At least three people were killed and nearly a dozen more were wounded when a powerful blast ripped through a football field in southeastern Khost province on Monday, an official said.

Dr. Habib Shah Ansari, Public Healthinfo-icon Director, confirmed receiving three bodies and 11 injured people from the blast scene in Nadir Shah Kot district.

However, Adil Haidar, police spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News seven people had been wounded in the blast. He said all the victims were civilians.

He said the blast ripped through a crowd of footballers and spectators in Zinokhel area at around 4pm.

The blast comes as the Talibaninfo-icon announced resuming attacks against the Afghan forces after the end of a week-long partial truce in line with the peace deal between the US and the Taliban.

pk/ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Etisalat Get more data, Etisalat Afghanistan

Twitter Update