Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Audio Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Nangarhar: 6 killed, 26 injured in clash over land

Nangarhar: 6 killed, 26 injured in clash over land

By
On
Apr 07, 2020 - 20:12

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Tribesmen from Durbaba and Nazian districts of eastern Nangarhar province clashed over a land ownership and as a result six people were killed and 26 more injured, an official said on Tuesday.

Security forces have reached the scene and the firefighting has ceased, said Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman.

He told Pajhwok Afghan News the clash broke out on Tuesday noon between tribal people of Durbaba and Nazian districts.

Nangarhar public healthinfo-icon department spokesman Zahir Adil said six bodies and 26 injured people had been brought to the Ghanikhel district hospital.

Police spokesman Farid Khan said security forces had reached the scene and the clash had ended and an investigation into the incident was underway.

The police official said it was not yet known how the clash erupted.

A tribal elder in Nazian district, Malak Amanullah confirmed the clash but stopped short of going into details.

But an elder in Durbaba district, Malak Worekhmin, said Nazian local police commander Malak Dehqan had claimed ownership of a land and today he killed and wounded some people over the issue.

He said the provincial police chief had arrived in the area to resolve the issue.

ma

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Etisalat Get more data, Etisalat Afghanistan

Twitter Update