Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Audio Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

MoI rejects half of Afghan forces contract virus

MoI rejects half of Afghan forces contract virus

By
On
May 27, 2020 - 17:31

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Interior on Wednesday rejected a New York Times report that claimed half of security forces in Afghanistaninfo-icon had contracted the Covid-19 disease.

Earlier this morning, the New York Times reported that 50 percent of Afghan security forces had been infected with Covid-19.

A joint statement from the Afghan security forces received by Pajhwok Afghan News said they were investigating the report.

The statement said it was wrong that half of Afghan security forces had contracted with the virus.

It added the MoI and the Defense Ministry had already taken measures for prevention of the Covid-19 spread among the Afghan security forces.

The NATOinfo-icon mission continued to support Afghan security forces and institutions in tackling the global pandemic, the statement continued.

On Wednesday, the Ministry of Public Healthinfo-icon (MoPH) said 12,456 people have been infected with Coronavirus in Afghanistan so far.

So far 227 Afghans have lost their lives and another 1,138 recovered from the pandemic.

pk/ma

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Etisalat Get more data, Etisalat Afghanistan

Twitter Update