Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Audio Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

30 Taliban, Daesh men surrender in Nangarhar

30 Taliban, Daesh men surrender in Nangarhar

By
On
Jun 25, 2020 - 16:05

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Thirty Talibaninfo-icon and Daesh or so-called Islamic State (IS) rebels surrendered to security forces in eastern Nangarhar province on Thursday.

Governor Shah Mahmood Miakhel told a press conference here the surrendering men included 22 Taliban and right IS rebels, who joined the peace process and turned in 30 weapons.

Miakhel said that the surrendering individuals had been active in Khogynai, Shirzad, Batikot, Chaparhar and Lalpoura districts against the government.

He said insurgents who wanted to join the peace process were welcomed, but those hell-bent on fighting will be dealt with an iron fist.

Abdullah, one of the surrendering persons from the Taliban, said he was dictated from Pakistaninfo-icon to fight against the Afghan government and Afghan security forces but later he realized he was killing innocent people in Afghanistaninfo-icon.

The Taliban and Daesh have not yet commented on this regard.

pk

Tags: 

Related Article

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Etisalat Get more data, Etisalat Afghanistan

Twitter Update