Pajhwok Services

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Casualties as Iranian guards fire at Afghans

Casualties as Iranian guards fire at Afghans

By
On
May 11, 2013 - 10:04

FARAH CITY (PANinfo-icon): A number of Afghan citizens have been killed and wounded by Iranian border guards, a resident claimed on Saturday. At least 150 people have been missing in the wake of an attack.

A dweller of the Jawin district of western Farah province told Pajhwok Afghan News that 350 Afghan workers were attacked soon after they crossed from the Tashmikia area into the neighbouring country.

Samad Yar said the men from different parts of the country, having valid visas and passports, came under fire late on Friday. However, he had no specific casualty figures.

The governor’s spokesman, Abdul Rahman Zhwandai, verified the incident but had no information about casualties. He said 200 people had returned to the country after the assault.

Farah Civil Hospital Director Dr. Abdul Hakim Rassouli said 10 of the injured had been evacuated to the hospital. Their wounds are not life-threatening, he added.

Khuda-i-Dad, a resident of Herat’s Shindand district whose brother and father-in-law were among the injured, said the Iranian security forces had inflicted casualties on several Afghans.

Of the 150 people who rushed back to Jawin, 50 were wounded, he said, adding the rest had been missing as of 8am on Saturday.

One of the wounded individuals at the Farah hospital, Abdul Latif, said his uncle was among the missing. The 18-year-old also spoke of fatalities.

mud

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement