Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

147 civilians killed in Ghor since March: official

147 civilians killed in Ghor since March: official

By
On
Sep 12, 2013 - 19:28

CHAGHCHARAN (PANinfo-icon): The Afghanistaninfo-icon Independent Human Rights Commission on Thursday blamed increasing casualties among civilians on the existence of illegal armed groups in western Ghorinfo-icon province, where 147 people were killed since March.

Another 128 civilians were wounded in roadside bombings and armed clashes in Ghor since March 21, AIHRC provincial head, Mohammad Jawad Razaee told a press conference in Chaghcharan, the provincial capital.

He said the figures showed a 50 percent surge in civilians casualties this solar yearinfo-icon, compared to the same period last year.

He said illegal armed commanders were responsible for 61 percent civilian casualties, Talibaninfo-icon 38 percent and security forces one percent.

The official said 91 people lost their lives and 38 others sustained injuries after being caught in clashes between illegal commanders.

“Saving civilian lives and properties during unrest is an Islamic duty and a requirement of national and international laws, but unfortunately the laws have not been obeyed by the groups involved,” he said. He asked warring groups to respect to the lives and properties of people.

myn/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update